Friday 7 October 2011

Trims and things ♥s Mollie Makes


I finally succumbed to the nasty bug going around at work. Despite feeling really rubbish and being unable to sew I have been catching up on my favourite blogs and sewing magazines.

Mollie Makes Issue 6 has some fantastic Autumn projects, including how to make some good enough to eat (almost) apple and pear pin cushions! The ethos of Mollie Makes is making, thrifting, collecting and crafting, all of which inspire me. I realised that my coffee table alone has something representing each of these. My home made Amy Butler tissue box cover, my retro inspired bowl, my turquoise trim phone by Wild and Wolf and a copy of The Knitting Pocket Bible I borrowed from the library.

The magazine also came with a free Coin Purse Kit. I'm really excited to make some coin purses for friend's Christmas presents now I have the pattern and equipment list.

I decided it would be a good idea to start a notebook of supplies I need for future sewing projects so that I can take it with me on shopping trips. So often I end up buying the wrong size or thickness haberdashery because I didn't write it down! Maybe, the key to success in sewing is better organisation. I will keep you posted on my progress...

Thanks for reading,
Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment