Saturday 25 September 2010

A sneak preview...

Dear blogosphere, I have been busy sewing and knitting as if my life depended on it. Bette Noir's Handmade & Vintage fair is next weekend (eeek!), I am both excited and daunted by my fellow stall holders who will be talented craftspeople and vintage experts. To lighten the mood I thought you readers might like to take a peak at my sewing equipment which always looks very beautiful when set out, even if nothing is accomplished!



My sewing machine is a lightweight Brother model, I chose this one specifically because of it's weight and petite size. I started sewing a cushion cover at a class and initially I was borrowing their machine. Sadly the class ended after only a few weeks. The sewing machine arrived a week later. I would really recommend a lightweight machine to anyone who needs to pack away their equipment after each use. It's really handy to be able to stow away when you don't have much storage space!



So as you can see I have plenty of fantastic haberdashery, ribbons, buttons, lace etc. to get on with some serious crafting. I thought you all deserved a sneak peak of the items I will be selling at the fair next week. Here are a couple of items, a handmade bookbag, which when finished will have corsages and buttons attached, and a yo-yo necklace (now finished). If you have any ideas on how much I should charge for these items please add a comment to this post. Pricing is the most difficult part I think!





Thanks for reading, that's all for now. I hope to see some of you at the fair next Saturday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment