Friday 14 January 2011

Sewing and other news...

This week I had some exciting surprises in store. First, the sewing classes run by my favourite haberdashery shop The Pin Tin are starting again and cost £6 per session. Classes are run by experienced seamstress Jo and take place on a Thursday evening at St Barnabas Church Hall, Stoke, Plymouth. You don't need to book in advance just drop-in. Follow the link above to 'like' The Pin Tin on Facebook for more information on opening hours, classes and up to date product news. Second, I have been nominated for an award at work (yay) and I'm in the running for a lovely glass plaque!

Last weekend I spent hours looking at the crochet hook roll and other knitting needle roll patterns, trying to decide the dimensions I wanted for my needle and accessory pockets. I finally committed and cut out all my pieces from exterior fabric, interior fabric and interfacing. I've pressed the fabric and I've pinned up the small pocket ready to sew. Eventually I ran out of time and I'm looking forward to getting this all sewn up (sorry, terrible pun) this weekend. I will let you know my measurements and tips when the roll is complete. Here are the pieces cut out and ready to go...



I wanted to do the popular 'What's in my handbag' post for those of you who were curious. I was shocked to find not one, but three lip colour options, clearly I am obsessed!


Left to right: 2011 Diary Paperchase @ Waterstone's, mini-notebook Co-operative, pen also Paperchase, Une lipgloss 805 Boots, Benefit lipstick la la land, Vaseline lip therapy rose and Denman folding brush and mirror both Boots, floral umbrella Accessorize.

I also did some accidental sale shopping when I returned a belt to Accessorize. I came out with a purse and a belt in exchange, plus a gorgeous pair of green chanel inspired pumps - Happy girl!



Have a great weekend :)
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment