Sunday 15 April 2012

Sewing project: Cath Kidston shoulder bag





This Easter I took some extra holiday and as a result have been able to sew in the evenings. Being at home for a while makes such a difference to the time available to sew. I really wanted to complete the Cath Kidston shoulder bag as it has been on my to-do list for so long. 

The most challenging part of the project was sewing the facings and the handle together. The rest came together nicely. I absolutely ruined the fabric provided in the kit for the roleau loop. The strip was so narrow it was difficult to turn inside out, despite 3 attempts. Luckily I had some thick pink cotton tape in my supplies kit and used this to attach the button. I am really pleased with the result. I also decided to add a solid card bottom (recycled from some packaging I already had) to the bag as recommended in the book to give a more structured look. I think it works really well. 

Has anyone got any tips for making a very narrow roleau loop? I think I have met my sewing nemisis!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment