Wednesday 26 January 2011

Trims and things project goal: Amy Butler Anna tunic



Meet my long time project goal the gorgeous Amy Butler Anna tunic. I bought this pattern last year because the style suits my body shape and also because I love green (way too much ask all my friends and colleagues). I had to have the exact fabric in the pattern and I bought a coordinating green lining fabric.

To start I cut out the pattern pieces, then zigzag stitched the seams of the external and lining fabrics to prevent fraying. Finally I sewed the lining and external fabric together and pressed. This is where progress ended, partly due to a pattern freak-out on my part, but also because the pattern wasn't pitched at a beginner. I have realised how important it is to make sure you don't over challenge yourself. My skill level has increased since last Autumn but I still feel I need more help to complete the yoke.

I'm taking action and going to The Pin Tin's sewing class tomorrow night. I'm going to report back on progress later in the week.

Fingers crossed!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment