Wednesday 13 April 2011

Moving on...



I am mainly surrounded by boxes at the moment. My sewing station is one of two clear areas to spend time in (the other is the bed). I decided to start work on one small home sewing project which will look great in my new living room. It's the Amy Butler tissue box cover. I was given a sew-it kit for my birthday and this included gorgeous fabric, cotton, template and pattern to make it. I started cutting out last weekend and intend to finish this coming weekend.

I move on Easter Saturday and I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine of sewing at weekends. It has been so cloudy here today, bring the sun back!

I also wanted to share with you a photo of my favourite sewing shop in Cambridge - Cally Co. This was taken while I was on holiday a few weeks ago. Doesn't time fly! Whilst I was away I bought a sewing kit to make this gorgeous guy below, Cyril Squirrel. I love his little jumper. I think you call it geek chic.





Anyone shopping for fabric right now should check out Seamstar they are doing a limited time 15% off printed and plain fabrics (excluding sale fabrics).

I will be back with photos of my tissue box cover and new, improved sewing station soon.

Bye for now,
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment