Wednesday 16 March 2011

Trims and things: New projects for Spring

More crazy times have led to an absence of sewing so I've decided to share with you the potential projects I really want to get done this Spring.

You will notice many are home projects. I have some very exciting news to share with you - I am moving to a new flat! I want to decorate with lots of lovely home-sewn creations. Here is a list of the sewing books I can recommend to you. I've selected my favourite patterns from each book for you to check out.

1. Amy Butler's In Stitches

A pretty sash...


A stylish apron


Funky sofa cushions


Fab floor cushions

In Stitches was a gift and is great value as there are 25 sewing projects to choose from.

2. Amy Butler's Sewing Kit

Tissue box cover

Another great gift, the kit contains fabric and coordinating thread to make a tissue box cover in my favourite colours, plus several pattern cards (some are duplicated in Amy's In Stitches book).

3. Sew by Cath Kidston

Egg cosy

I am loving these cute egg cosies which will look great in the new kitchen.

4. Fast Fabric Gifts by Sally Southern

Fabric covered photo frames

I can see these dotted around the flat displaying photos of my friends and family. Also, they would make great presents.

Sewing basket

This old-fashioned sewing basket and strawberry themed sewing accessories are gorgeous. Who wouldn't want this basket of goodies sitting in their home.

I am pleased to report the library Frock Exchange event went really well. The event took place this Sunday at Central library. You can view the photos here. Sewing fans should check out The Pin Tin, Funky Poppy and Love bobbins web and Facebook pages, I was totally inspired by their stalls.

I am on holiday for a week from Saturday and unable to take my machine with me. Such a shame but I will be doing some hand sewing and knitting whilst I am away.

Happy Wednesday!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment