Wednesday 5 October 2011

Trims and things project: Multi Fabric Skirt


I have a brand new project to share with you! I must first confess that the Amy Butler Anna tunic was an epic fail :( I realised after two second opinions and attempting to make some desperate alterations to the pattern, that I had been way too ambitious in making the tunic my first dressmaking project.

And then one day the answer came in the form of Kay Whitt's book Sew Serendipity, which contains some gorgeous retro inspired patterns and great illustrations and step-by-step instructions. So far I have cut out the pattern, put together the skirt facings and I am about to attach the ruffled hems and Ric-Rac to the front and back panels.

You'll see I've used fabric leftover from other projects like the tunic and my knitting needle roll to piece together the skirt. I had no idea I was mentally coordinating my fabrics! One of these days I will attempt a project that isn't in the green spectrum... (honest).


I'm really excited to be wearing a me-made item soon!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment