Saturday 8 October 2011

Trims and things project: Simplicity 2599


Yes that's right, it's a new sewing project that isn't green! I'm loving this mustard yellow for Autumn. I have decided to make the bottom right version with a cute bow embellishment. I want to wear this top with my favourite navy Zara trousers to work.

The great thing about this pattern is that the front section is printed in three cup sizes for a good fit. This also means that I won't be adjusting the bust area. I think this is a good thing judging by my Anna tunic saga!

The fabric was very good value, a plain poly cotton bought from a new haberdashers in Plymouth at £3.50 per metre. The fabric is a little rough at the moment but will soften after a couple of machine washes.

Are they any patterns you would recommend for beginners?

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment