Monday 29 November 2010

Lace! the obsession continues and other nice things...

Unless you have barricaded yourself indoors, most of you will have noticed by now how much colder it's been getting recently. As I am one of those individuals who has very poor circulation and feels the cold like a granny, I decided to take action! Firstly as a part time knitter I have learned the art of using circular needles - the greatest time-saving device ever. I am in the midst of knitting this gorgeous Rowan snood (the pattern is called Hoodwink) in a heather coloured Aran. It will be gorgeous when finished!



I am also thinking ahead to those Christmas lunches, I wanted something smart and warm to wear. I was given some gorgeous silver vintage look buttons and had bought some lace that was just hanging around at home. I decided to buy a black jumper from a retail chain and customise it to save some money. It took me a good hour or so to pin the lace in place and I'm pleased with the result.



Whilst I was working on the jumper there was a welcome knock on the door from the postie. I received the gifts I ordered from Cath Kidston for christmas. Love the packaging!



I also received the Winter edition of Cloth Magazine, I love this inspiring mag as it has loads of ideas for the fashionable seamstress. I subscribed for 4 issues for the bargain price of £12 and received this lovely sewing kit by Fred Aldous.



Thanks for reading, Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment